1. Use heated (hot) water in the base - this prevents it from overheating and burning the coffee
2. Fill basket with coffee ground finer than drip coffee, but coarser than espresso. I use the first notch in the espresso option when grinding at the grocery store - not the finest grind. Fine grinds clog the pot.
3. Level grinds (don't pat) and screw top on tight to prevent leaking.
4. With lid open, heat over medium-low heat. Once there is a steady stream, close the lid and remove from heat.
5. Wrap base with a cold, wet cloth to stop the brewing process.
|A cold wet hug for the Bialetti - it works!|